Value Added Solutions, Inc.
Fire Protection Engineer
General Qualifications: Greater than 10 years of Department of Energy Fire Protection Program experience is strongly desired. NICET Certification in Alarm % Detection systems is a mandatory requirement.
Education requirements: Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science in fire science engineering or fire protection technologies. A Bachelor’s degree in related field with an emphasis in specialty areas is preferred. Specialty areas include:
* Fire Suppression Systems (suppression, detection and water supply)
* NICET Certification in Alarm % Detection Systems is a mandatory requirement.
* Evaluation of existing fire protection program elements
* Evaluation of Staff qualification and training for adequacy and recommendations,
* Troubleshooting existing impairments,
* System tests and walkdown/inspections,
* Development of Fire Protection Engineer/Cognizant System Engineer training/qualification processes
* Evaluation and improvement of current facility and system conditions
Knowledge shall include an understanding of engineering principles, theories, and concepts and microcomputer applications; ability to deliver oral presentations to convey technical findings and recommendations; ability to write clear, concise, and organized memos and reports.
Duties may include:
* Provide continuity in experienced expertise personnel to provide guidance and oversight to the current Fire Protection Engineering and support staff
* Assisting in troubleshooting existing impairments, system tests and walkdown/inspections
* Development of Fire Protection Engineer/Cognizant System Engineer training/qualification processes and evaluation and improvement of current facility and system conditions.
* Evaluation of current test, inspection and maintenance practices including compliance with NFPA codes, DOE requirements and any addition regulatory requirements and development of new or revise procedures, and development of model work orders and practices to expedite repairs and enhance system operability/availability.
* Scope will also include assisting in troubleshooting existing impairments, system tests and walk down/inspections.
* DOE experience preferred.
* Sound communication skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
* Able to work well in the field and take ownership of assigned system equipment mechanical and electrical control systems.
* Able to work with groups to provide overlapping support to other engineers while possibly working on several assigned tasks.
* Able to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel both verbally as well as in writing.
* Able to expand skill set beyond own discipline to include understanding of control systems, interfaces with other electrical, mechanical, and structural systems.
Please visit our career page at https://valueaddedsolutions.mua.hrdepartment.com/hrdepa rtment/ats/JobSearch/viewAll or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
VAS Human Resources @ 803-644-0070 Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm 237 High Gate Loop Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment
You need to login to view contact details of this job!
Click on the APPLY ONLINE icon below to apply for this job.
Value Added Solutions, Inc.
Website : http://www.valueaddedsolutionsinc.com
VAS is a woman-owned and managed small business specializing in staffing subject matter experts at DOE and other government agency facilities. Our clients are provided with safe and compliant support of their contract missions. Employees and associates enjoy competitive salaries and incentive plans, comprehensive benefit packages and opportunities to work on diverse projects. VAS looks forward to providing value added solutions to your projects and employment needs. Feel free to contact me directly to discuss your project needs or our employment opportunities.