DIRECT CARE PARTNER-HOME HEALTH-ALLEGHENY COUNTY-PART TIME
Assists consumers with in-home activities of daily living while encouraging them to maintain or improve their level of function and independence and to live with as much dignity as possible.
Actively promotes a Lean work culture by performing team member duties to encourage consistent use of LEAN principles and processes, including continually seeking work process improvements.
Recognizes the necessity of taking ownership of one's own motivation, morale, performance and professional development. Strives for behavior consistent with being committed to Excela's missions, vision and values.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
• CNA or Home Health Care certificates a plus.
• CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred. If you are not currently certified, training shall be provided at no cost to you within the first 90 days of employment.
• Reliable transportation. If you’re driving a vehicle you must have a valid driver’s license with proof of insurance.
• Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with consumers, their families, and your supervisor.
• Must demonstrate availability of reliable transportation and a willingness to travel to consumer locations.
• Must demonstrate an understanding of the needs of our vulnerable consumers by providing services in a reliable manner and being willing to substitute for other aides.
• Must be able to observe and report significant changes in the consumer’s condition.
• Must be knowledgeable of the principles of cleanliness and home safety.
• Must be able to operate a vacuum cleaner, use a mop, broom, and dust pan.
• Must be able to operate household appliances, including washer/dryer, stove, oven, toaster, etc.
• Must possess the ability to function independently, have flexibility with schedules, and the ability to work effectively with consumers, their families, co-workers, and supervisors.
• Must possess ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to consumer information and medical records.
• Must possess ability to remain calm and deal effectively with emergency situations.
• Must possess ability to report findings to supervisors in writing.
• Must possess ability to document and prepare required reports including timesheets in a timely manner.
• Must possess knowledge of the policies and procedures and the ability to comply with same in carrying out duties.
To do this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job changes. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.