Summit Medical Center
TriStar Summit Medical Center Registered Nurse Emergency Department FT\/Nights Celebrating 20 years of providing quality healthcareto Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties, TriStar Summit is a 200-bedcomprehensive facility offering a full array of acute care services, includingcardiology, emergency, oncology, orthopaedics\/spine, rehabilitation and women'sservices.As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and a Primary StrokeCenter, TriStar Summit is a leading provider of emergency heart and strokecare.There are more than 300 board-certified physicians representing over 36specialties on staff, many of whom have offices located on TriStar Summit'scampus. SummitMedical Center has been designated as a Pathway to Excellence\u00ae organization bythe AmericanNurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).Thisdesignation demonstrates TriStar Summit's commitment to creating a workenvironment where nurses can flourish.TriStar Summit is currently the onlyhospital in Tennessee to hold this designation and is one of only 139 hospitalsdesignated nation-wide. Accordingto ANCC, Pathway-designated organizations are deemed the best places to workfor nurses, with high nurse satisfaction and retention.Research shows thathealthy work environments improve not only nurse satisfaction but also patientsatisfaction and quality of care. POSITION SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse performs directpatient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice.Maintains a safetherapeutic environment.Identifies nursing problems as they relate tothe individual needs of the patient.Plans individualized patient careutilizing an interdisciplinary approach.Participates in performanceimprovement activities.Provides care and coordinates participation thatfosters the goals of the hospital's mission and vision statement. Whenacting in charge nurse role, registered nurses are responsible for day-to-dayactivities to ensure the delivery of quality patient care in a therapeuticenvironment.Make staff assignments based on patient need and the skillof the staff.Serve as role models and clinical resource for thestaff.Respond in a timely manner to requests for information orfollow-up with physician, staff or patient issues. QUALIFICATIONS: * Graduateof an Accredited School of Nursing
* CurrentTN RN licensure or TN approved compact license
* AmericanHeart Association or Red Cross BLS
* ICU,ENDO, PACU, ED, OB\/PACU, Float Pool: ACLS required within 6 months
* PACU& ED: PALS required within 6 months
* ED,ICU, Float Pool: CPI certification training required within one year
* 4th Floor:Designated Pediatric Nurses: PALS required
* 6th Floor:Designated Nurses: Chemotherapy certification within one year
* L&D& Nursery: NRP required within 6 months
* Nursery:STABLE required within 1 year
* L&Dnurses: AWHONN basic and intermediate within one year and advanced within twoyears PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: * Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation checklist(s).
* Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients.
* Ensures the privacy of our patients and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
* Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals\/objectives as listed on the Performance Management Plan.
* Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
* Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
* Documents all patient care.
* Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
* Promotes customer service initiatives.
* Promotes and exhibits teamwork.
* Completes mandatory education.
* Complies with hospital policies\/procedures and patient safety initiatives. NOTE: To avoid any time delays please take the online assessmentsurvey when prompted to do so. We're hiringtop talent today.Apply online now!
Summit Medical Center
Website : http://www.summitmedicalcenter.com/
Summit Medical Center is a medical and surgical facility known for emergency care, cardiac services, oncology services, orthopedic surgeries, diabetes management and obstetric services. Equally important is the emphasis that Summit places on Outpatient Services. Our facility is constructed to truly respond to the way healthcare is delivered today—primarily to outpatients. Great care has been taken to ensure convenience and quality service to all patients.