West Palm Beach
Director Emergency Services
Department assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.
• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
• Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
• Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
• Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
• Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Supports HCA by:
• Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree Nursing
• Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field
• 3 years of experience in emergency services
• 3 years of experience in a leadership role
or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
• Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
• Basic Life Support (BLS)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
• Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred
• Reference HCA LEADS
*Directors & Managers
Director of Emergency Services - JFK Medical Center North Campus - West Palm Beach, FL
Florida-West Palm Beach-JFK Medical Center North Campus