UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier Commercial Services has an opening for an experienced HVAC Commercial Market Manager for our Lenexa location. This position has profit & loss responsibility for an HVAC multi-million dollar sales budget and is responsible for growing market share of the Carrier Commercial Services business in focus areas through new business development.
Products and services include Repair Service, Maintenance Contracts, as well as innovative customer solutions.
The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen, including a detailed understanding of the technical sales process and operations management.
* Customer centric mindset
* Proactive and able to balance multiple priorities
* Able to build strong relationships, across industries and functions
* Excellent communicator – oral, written, etc.
* Competent understanding of financial and accounting principles
* Develop and execute strategic plan to drive market growth in assigned area based on revenue and EBIT plans for the area
* Prospect target verticals for sales opportunities, focused on maintaining a robust pipeline of opportunities
* Develop new client relationships based on professional credibility and product knowledge
* Identify and participate in industry organizations, trade shows and events in order to promote the company, products and services
* Collaborate with internal teams in order to ensure alignment with customer needs and expectations
* Forecast, monitor and document sales performance against plan
* Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Engineering or other related field preferred
* 5 years' experience in HVAC sales or equivalent sales experience – technical sales preferred, but not required
* Strong experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, and SAP