Paramedic - FT - Ambulance - INTEGRIS Miami Hospital - Miami - OK
The Paramedic manages assessment, treatment and transport of patient in the ambulance, triage area, and/or the Emergency Department and hospital. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
The Paramedic responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provides hospital and pre hospital care including treatment, packaging and transporting of patients according to current EMS protocols approved by Medical Director
* Consults with Medical Control as dictated by policy / procedure and /or protocols for guidance in providing patient care and scene control
* Operates the ambulance in a safe and efficient manner maximizing the safety and comfort of the occupants of the vehicle
* Attends continuing education classes and EMS refresher courses as required by the State of Oklahoma to assure license renewal
Reports to the Paramedic Supervisor, Director of Emergency Medical Services and Hospital Administration.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Heavy (Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to patients that may have infectious or contagious diseases and / or be exposed to body fluids, wastes, odorous specimens and patients who present under a wide variety of conditions and circumstances. In addition the employee may be exposed to various weather and traffic conditions as well as chemicals, radiation hazards, flammable explosive gases and a variety of mechanical and electrical power equipment.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
Job Code: 3346
* Must be age 23, absent insurer approval
* Must be able to pass a MVR (Motor Vehicle Records Check)
High School diploma or equivalent
* Current Oklahoma Paramedic license and yearly thereafter, Emergency Medical Services Division
* Current National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Paramedic license and yearly thereafter
* Current CPR Certification and yearly thereafter
* Medical Director and states written approval of ability to perform on line and off line protocols for Emergency Medical Technicians
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months of hire and current certification yearly thereafter
* Pre hospital Trauma Life Support preferred
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 6 months of hire and current certification yearly thereafter
* Emergency Vehicle Driver Training within 6 months of hire and current certification yearly thereafter
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
Want to be a sponsor?