Orange Lake Country Club, Inc
Provide a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for all guests by consistently monitoring pool and deck activity and enforcing safety rules. Responsible for opening and closing duties, safety checks, and performing first aid care as needed. Secondary responsibilities include cleaning and maintaining the decks and pools and providing information beneficial to guest satisfaction by up selling resort facilities and services. Actively seek opportunities to provide excellent guest service and provide information beneficial to guest satisfaction by up selling resort facilities and services. Prevent injuries and eliminate hazards, recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations and operate all slide towers in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNTIONS AND TASKS:
1. Applies the knowledge and ability to perform the following duties, but not limited to: daily reports, customer service, enforce safety rules and all policies and maintain log books.
2. Communicates effectively with the Aquatics Manager and co-workers in order to help maintain a cohesive workplace.
3. Follows directions and fulfills daily duties as assigned by the Aquatics Manager in a timely manner and does not sacrifice quality of service as well as performs any reasonable task or request that is consistent with the objectives of the position.
4. Reports to the Aquatics Manager any problems that may fall outside his/her expertise.
5. Follows the guidelines set forth in the Employee Handbook and makes responsible decisions based upon these guidelines.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Demonstrates a sincere dedication to provide an unsurpassed level of owner and guest satisfaction.
• Demonstrates a professional appearance and a pleasant personality.
• Demonstrates a high degree of judgment and decision making.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Certifications: Ellis Lifeguarding, CPR (ARC or AHA) and First Aid (ARC or SEMT) Holiday Inn Club Vacations provides training
• Effectively communicate in English for business and safety reasons
• Show competency in water by completing a simple pre-hiring swim test to include entering the water safely, swimming at least 10 yards, diving and retrieving a ten-pound brick in at least five feet of water
• Certification in shallow water safety skills, first aid and CPR required. Training may be given on site.
• Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Carries out any reasonable request by management of which the employee is capable of performing.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule that could include evenings and weekends.
• Ability to write and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all guests and other staff.
• Ability to stand, sit, walk, run, stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, swim, compact dive and reach/pull/push with hands and arms.
• Must possess hand and finger dexterity to handle service equipment.
• Must have eye to hand coordination.
• Must have depth perception.
• Ability to lift and move objects up to 35 pounds consistently.
The majority of work will be performed in a non-climate-controlled environment, will be exposed to severe inclement weather and varying degrees of extreme temperature. Will be exposed to various industrial chemicals, cleaning agents, etc. Will be exposed to strong odors, and loud noise levels.
Schedules will vary depending on business needs, and may entail working nights, weekends and holidays. Must be flexible to work outside of normal departmental operating hours.
Orange Lake Country Club, Inc
Website : http://www.orangelake.com
The history of Orange Lake Resorts begins 30 years before its actual founding, in the early 1950s. The working-class family man Kemmons Wilson was traveling with his wife and five young children on vacation. Anticipating a week of relaxation on the road, they instead found cramped hotel rooms, no air conditioning, few basic amenities and poor service. What's more, he was charged an extra fee for each of his children. This was repeated at each stop he made. A self-made entrepreneur since his youngest days, Kemmons decided to do something about it. So in 1952, on the outskirts of Memphis, Tennessee, he opened his first Holiday Inn® hotel. Guests enjoyed clean rooms and unheard-of perks such as air conditioning, free parking and ice, swimming pools, restaurants, rates by the room and warm, genuine service.