Washington, DC, United States
EMT, Security Supervisor (Evenings)
At Highland Springs we are dedicated to setting the standard of excellence for employees with a steadfast focus on helping achieve their goals. We provide our staff with an engaging company culture, excellent work life balance, and a career where you can make a difference in peoples lives every day. Highland Springs offers a beautiful scenic campus, a community centered on values, and a workplace that inspires you to do your best every day. We extend to our staff exceptional benefits, recognition of holidays and paid time off, continued higher education, and help each member achieve reach their career aspirations. The EMT, Supervisor Responsible for providing supervision and oversight of assigned shift. Provides assistance to the Security and Emergency Services Manager in the areas of program/procedural compliance, quality assurance/quality improvement, investigations, training, and administrative support. This position provides leadership and a positive example to the team, ensuring that all employees of the Department are held accountable for living the Erickson Way Values. The Security and Emergency Services Supervisor, delivers exceptional customer service and hospitality, and fosters an environment of safety and security. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enforcement of programs and policies.
- Responsible for the Security of the Community through the use of gatehouse, patrols, access control, visitor/contractor registration, key management and other programs.
- Responsible for completing thorough and complete investigations
- Maintains safety programs to include; Security Department safety inspections, responses to workplace accidents, hazard communication program, respiratory mask fit testing programs, and others as needed.
- Enforcement of parking and traffic regulations.
- Utilizes the Emergency Call System for Independent Living.
- Utilizes the Emergency Notification Alert System
- Enforcement of the Electric Mobility Vehicle program.
- Partners with SES Manager to update and maintain the Emergency Preparedness Plans.
- Reviews and approves Officer incidents reports
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement to ensure consistent delivery of services.
- Provides exceptional customer service and hospitality.
- Provides administrative support to the SES Manager (as needed)
- Ensures completion of daily shift reports.
- Ensures completion of Incident Reports (regarding medical response, theft of property, accidents, fires, serious mechanical malfunctions, emergency responses, violations of rules and regulations).
- Reports suspected or alleged resident abuse.
- Responds to calls for services as needed.
- Supervisory responsibilities:
- Assists in hiring, training, coaching, counseling and termination of employees
- Establishes schedules, reviews and approves timesheets, completes performance evaluations
- Provides daily leadership, supervision, motivation, and communication to direct & indirect reports.
- Monitors team throughout the day and reinforces safety practices
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates the Erickson Way Values
- Shows compassion and concern for the needs of others
- Ability to lead a team in a fast paced challenging environment
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service and hospitality
- Ability to successfully enforce programs and policies
- Able to hold others accountable for meeting goals and standards
- Proficiency with computer systems including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- 2 years outside experience in a SES Supervisory role or 1 year of demonstrated leadership and solid performance in an Erickson SES Assistant Supervisor role
- 1 years outside experience working in an Emergency Responder role or 1 year of demonstrated solid performance in an Erickson SES Emergency Responder role
- Minimum of three years of verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe driving as noted through a three year motor vehicle record check (per GS7009 Driving Record Standards Policy) is required. LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Possess and maintain a valid drivers license.
- Current CPR for Healthcare Providers certification or equivalent.
- Current certification/license as Emergency Responder (Required level of certification varies by Community, but may include; First Aid, Emergency Medical Responder, Emergency Care Attendant, or Emergency Medical Technician).
Nov 20, 2019, 5:37:27 PM