Hackensack, NJ, United States
How have you impacted someone s life today* At **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
The Paramedic Per Diem is responsible for providing advanced life support services in our respective service area as outlined by Hackensack University Medical Center and NJ Department of Health Office of Emergency Medical Services. Provide quality pre-hospital care to individuals of all age groups when delivering emergency care and transportation.
***This is a Per Diem position.
1. Assists and supports all BLS providers and other agency personnel at scene of an emergency when rendering pre-hospital care.
2. Provides effective pre-hospital care on a routine basis by obtaining significant data from patient, patient's family and other available sources. Completes a thorough physical examination so that appropriate intervention can be instituted when necessary. Observes, records and reports all pertinent medical information to the medical control physician in an organized manner so that appropriate therapy can be instituted in the pre-hospital phase. Throughout transportation to medical facility keeps medical control physician advised of patient condition and updates as necessary.
3. Operates an emergency vehicle in a safe manner when responding to the scene of an emergency and during transfer to medical facility.
4. Provides verbal and written reports to receiving medical facility when transferring patient to emergency department staff. Verbal report must be completed prior to responding to another emergency call.
5. Completes an accurate handwritten or computer generated Mobile ICU Patient Care Report Form as required by HUMC and OEMS policy/procedure.
6. Completes all department forms/records and data entry as required by Hackensack University Medical Center. Provides complete and accurate activity log sheet and vehicle equipment accountability form on a daily basis.
7. Documents controlled medication on appropriate form and on shift activity form in accordance with Hackensack University Medical Center and OEMS policy/procedure.
8. Ensures the maintenance and accountability for all MICU equipment, vehicles and supplies at all MICU locations. Able to trouble shoots and document if equipment failure exists and notify appropriate personnel as necessary.
9. Follows duty roster for daily assignments at your respective unit location.
10. Documents all unusual occurrences/incidents, which may occur on assigned shift and report to department supervisors.
11. Acts as a preceptor for paramedic students.
12. Provides care to the ALS patient that involves, lifting of patients, carrying of equipment and the climbing in and out of ambulances and tight spaces.
13. Completes yearly mandatory education training as required by department, hospital & NJDOH & SS/OEMS.
14. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
15. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 2 years basis life support experience providing emergency medical care.
3. Hazardous Materials Awareness or Hazardous Materials Operations.
4. Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100 or Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100.b or Introduction to Incident Command System for Healthcare/Hospitals or National Incident Management System.
5. Incident Command System, ICS-200 or ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents or Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations.
6. ICS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction or NIMS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction.
7. Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator or Emergency Vehicle Operations to be obtained within 6 months of hire.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Associate's degree.
2. Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator or Emergency Vehicle Operations.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic Certification or Mobile Intensive Care Nurse Certification or Paramedics Certification.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification or BLS Instructor Trainer.
3. Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification or ACLS Instructor Certification.
4. Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification or PALS Instructor Certification.
5. International Trauma Life Support Certification or Prehospital Trauma Life Support Certification or Tactical Combat Casualty Care or Trauma Nursing Core Course Certification.
6. Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.