Dulles, VA, United States
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
At StoneSprings Hospital Center, a 124-bed acute care HCA Healthcare facility that recently opened on December 7, 2015 in Loudoun County, VA, you'll find a comprehensive range of medical services in this state of art facility.
Whether you're a nurse, doctor, clinician or support staff member, you'll have the chance to do challenging, career-enhancing work, while benefiting from the work/life balance made possible in a community setting. You'll enjoy an abundance of opportunities to grow and thrive in an atmosphere where you're valued as an individual, provided opportunities for growth, treated fairly and given a voice in decision making.
WHY WE LIKE WORKING FOR HCA
At our facilities, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. Take a look at what some of our team members have to say about being a part the HCA team.
****The PARAMEDIC PRN performs a wide variety of functions including:
* Assists the registered nurse and physician in data collection to enhance patient care; performs diagnostic & therapeutic procedures and completes patient care tasks.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the principals of human growth and development over the life span.
* Transports patients, equipment, and specimens safely.
* Maintains a stocked, clean, hazard free environment.
* Complies with all policies, procedures, and standards of the Department and Institution
EDUCATIOn: Successful completion of a Paramedic training course.
CERTIFICATION: Must have and maintain a Virginia Division of EMS EMT-Paramedic certification. BLS and ACLS required.
* Previous ER or comparable experience required.
* 3 years field experience as a certified EMT-Paramedic preferred.
* Ability to maintain a mature, professional manner and demonstrate sound judgment when interacting with patients, physicians, hospital personnel and the public.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.