Washington, DC, United States
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, this position coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs service for new fire equipment installation, equipment, or system repairs.
- Performs semi-complex equipment installation; installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts using hand tools and power tools. Creates connections to various sensors and electrically powered devices; validates connections to power source and/or terminates wiring, mounting of parts and testing connections.
- Participates in the performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; participates in the creation of job specific programming via computer for various systems (electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); and in the creation and upload of point database, creates semi-complex graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
- Network Technologies: participates in the verification of point database and that programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; acts towards resolution of issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed. Participates in the set up and configuration of PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirms proper network performance.
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: provides support for the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customers IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
- Generally, 2 years of successful experience in area of fire alarm and security fundamentals and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above:
- Individual must possess a valid Drivers license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- 10% travel required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
- NICET II - Fire Alarm Certification
Sign up for job alertsGet new jobs for this search by emailEmail jobs